Latest Visitor (Analog Stats)
Analog produces a simple summary of all the people who have visited your site. It is fast and provides great lightweight statistics. Analog shows the people who have accessed your site during a specific month. It provides limited content but can be helpful to see where your main users are coming from and how they got to your web site. To learn more about Analog Stats, visit http://www.analog.cx/docs/meaning.html.
- Request - This is each time someone asks to see any part of your site. To see your site, they will have to "request" a specific page or file.
- File - Any part of your site (an image, html page, pdf document, script, etc)
- Host - The individual computers that view your site. Each computer that views your site is treated as differently. Multiple users on one computer will be treated as one host.
- Data - Data is the contents of the files in your site. Anytime someone views a file, data is transferred and it will count towards your bandwidth usage.
- Referrer - A Referrer is the web site that linked to your site. It "referred" the visitor to your site.
Viewing The Analog Stats
The "Analog Stats" feature is specific to each domain you have setup on your web site. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- When the "Analog Stats" page loads, you will see a two-column "Select a Domain" table consisting of the following information:
- Domain - This entry contains the domains you have setup on your web site.
- View - Click on the "magnifying glass" icon to view the Analog Stats for the associated Domain.
- The first screen allows you to view statistics by month. Select a month that is currently available from the list provided. The months listed will go back twelve months. If the domain you are viewing has not been online for twelve months, the "Analog Stats" page will only show the months that have been available, assuming it's less than twelve months.
There are several summaries and reports available once the page loads. Below is a list of available summaries and reports:
- General Summary
- Monthly Report
- Daily Summary
- Hourly Summary
- Domain Report
- Organization Report
- Redirected Referrer Report
- Failed Referrer Report
- Referring Site Report
- Browser Report
- Browser Summary
- Operating System Report
- Status Code Report
- File Size Report
- File Type Report
- Directory Report
- Request Report
Each of the above are also links provided at the top of each summary or report section. You can click on any of the links at anytime throughout the "Analog Stats" page.
Was this answer helpful?
Overview The Bandwidth Usage feature allows you to see the bandwidth usage for your...
Overview Webalizer is a complex stats program that produces a variety of charts and...
Overview This function will display the last 300 errors for your site. This can be very...
Overview Awstats is a web site analysis tool you can use to view the number of visitors...
Overview The Latest Visitor Stats will provide useful information on the last 300...